Monday 4 February 2013

Looking At Things In A Different Perspective

Today my semester two started. I had P.E.: which was easy because we didn't have to do anything. Then I had English Honors: which was fun because we have 22/ 25 students that are girls, and we have a fabulous writing assigned tonight. After lunch, I headed down to Math Foundations: which was pretty easy review with an annoying teacher. Then I trotted down to Art: which was the best part of the day, and the main reason why I'm posting this!


Art isn't my strongest area of expertise... but I highly recommend taking a course in that direction. The reason being is, you can relax, and you do learn a lot about the world, not just art history. Mrs.W was very welcoming to us, and sat us down. Our first assignment was to close our eyes, relax, and open them again in a different light. She told us to go outside in the bitter wind, and take a section of ground, and take a picture of detail. This opened up my view of the world because I could definitively see that there was so much I hadn't seen. Laying on my belly, I could see that ants were collecting food, that there were different shades of dirt, and the beautiful swaying clover. Of course there was way more, but we only got to pick a small section. Now we have to look at our photograph closer, and see what we've missed, and sketch it out on paper, then paint.

This has made me look at the world at a different perspective because, I see that things are growing, and others are prospering. Our world is so beautiful, thank you Lord for all of the earth. So, class, your assignment is to lay down on the grass, and concentrate...can you see something you haven't before? Stop and smell the roses :-)


Love, Danae

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment