Tuesday 16 August 2011

Teenage Suicide: Make a Difference!

Make a difference. If you have depression, get help, and reach out! If you make fun of someone who cuts their writs, and dresses in black, doesn't make it O.K. Sure, lots people do that for attention, but not all do. Some people think the only way out is suicide. Some are at the end of their rope, and they just want to end the pain. We aren't helping by just standing there, or bullying them. There was a movie that I watched, called "How To Save a Life". Watch it, or read about it on-line. It will change your view about people that are 'loners', 'losers', 'greasers', and 'emos'. Don't judge a book by its cover, and don't judge someone just because they are sad or depressed. Make a difference! Talk to them, reach out, smile, invite them to lunch! You don't have to be best friend with them, but make someone that feels like they are a"nobody", and make them feel like a somebody!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Danae, well said, I saw that movie a few months ago, it's a good movie. As Christian's we really need to see people through God's eyes, not through our own narrow little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes it is my new favourite movie. And yeah, seeing through God's eyes are waaaaay more clearer and have more of a path-way like , then our little eyes :) Well said!! It proves it though. One smile can change everything. Once I was like Rodger, alone, like everyone is at least one point in their life. I felt when I went to youth, that no one would care if I didn't go. School was terrible, going to a school with a few Christians in it. (Like a regular public school) And I prayed to God, for a friend, and to show me His way, and he answered. The day after, my youth pastor smiled at me, and asked if I was doing O.K, and gave me a hug. The next school day, I met Mikeila :) God gives me Hope, and I have Compassion towards everyone. Its a perfect title to my blog! This movie really touched me, and I'm glad I watched it! I LOVE JESUS!

    ReplyDelete