Sunday 11 December 2011

Performing Center Stage...

Today,  my 3 other youth friends and I, performed a skit called, "It's A Wonderful Fruitcake"


It was set in the 50's era, so I had a poodle skirt, and a high ponytail. It was a play about a family that had this rich Aunt Edna, and she owns a bunch of fruitcake factories. the first year she gave them a fruitcake with no card. They really dislike fruitcake, so them assume that every year she just sends them one. One year, they open it, because the UPS guy loves that certain dessert. The Dad opens it, and sees that there was a letter and a check. He reads it to the family, and realizes that it is a check for 10,000 dollars! They had been throwing out money for the past 15 years!

The moral of the story, is that small but important things, come in different packages. And that Christmas is about giving not receiving, being thankful, and Jesus' birthday.

I was the bratty 15 year old teenager, Lilly. I had a ton of lines, and I was sure nervous! But it was fun!

So that's what I have done for the beginning of the day. I've got 4 more plays/ live show stuff to do this week. So I gotta go rest up!


Adiós!

No comments:

Post a Comment